Did she say ... UFO Dungeon??

>> Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why, yes I did say UFO dungeon! If you grew up during the infancy of the space program, the first thing that comes to mind (my mind anyway) is Unidentified Flying Objects and the super secretive Area 51. Did I mention that I worked on the space program back in the late 60’s and early 70’s? It was the most exciting time of my career. Well, that’s a story for another day … back to UFO’s.

UFO in this writing refers to UnFinished Objects. No matter what keeps you busy in life, you have UFO’s … it’s not just a term used by artists and crafters. Didn’t clean the grass off the lawnmower blades? … that’s a UFO. Didn’t run the dishwasher last night? … that’s a UFO. See what I mean?

I am way too embarrassed to show you all of my UFO’s. My camera wouldn’t be able to take a picture of the mountain of sewing, crocheting, knitting and cross stitching UFO’s in my stash. I’ll just give you a peek at my beadweaving UFO’s.


UFO’s can linger up to 12 months in the dungeon (a plastic pencil box from the Dollar Store). Some are the result of experimenting with new ideas or techniques, some the colors are all wrong, others I just haven’t learned to love yet, and some eventually find their way into a finished piece. How many of you beadweavers out there are snickering at my teeny UFO stash? As a proponent of capital punishment, some pieces receive the ultimate punishment … I call it drawn and quartering. They are cut apart into neat piles of beads and findings, eventually finding their way into another creation.


Here’s the really good news! The UFO dungeon also contained these …



I’m sending these to the gray mat with Mr. Gold and Ms. Iris Blue. That ought to create some beady excitement!

0 comments: