They Have Spoken!

>> Sunday, February 15, 2009

The two beaded ends pieces that I was working on last week, Mr. Gold and Ms. Iris Blue, have announced to me that they will become a necklace! It is a relief for me to have a picture in my mind of what the beads will become, and I'll begin posting pictures starting this coming week of the weaving process. So, please check back.


Have I mentioned that I am a slow beadweaver? Well, I am. Some of my beading friends can knock out beadwoven work right and left, day after day ... some even complete a piece every day. I don't know how they do it, as I am lucky to finish one piece of work in a week. Perhaps I ponder too long on the technical aspects of weaving, maybe I'm too uptight that every bead must be perfect and every thread path must be perfectly executed. My inventory is very low due to my on-going hand/arm over-use problems that started late last year. How I wish the designs would just flow forth from my brain to my hands in a speedier fashion!


I took this bracelet with me when I made a call on a local business. When I set my tray on the counter, the shop owner and one of her customers reached for this bracelet at the same time. Of course, the customer always wins! I used very vibrant colors ... silver-lined oranges and reds, topaz and yellow, and blues and purples. I'm so happy this bracelet found a good home with this happy customer! Happy customer, happy shop owner, happy me!

2 comments:

Melody Marie Murray February 15, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Congratulations on the sale! And I'm glad to hear about Mr. Gold & Ms. Iris Blue.

Foxan March 3, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Hurray! Looking forward to see Mr. Gold & his partner in action! ;)